Sunday, May 18, 2008

If I Leave Here Tomorrow...

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be traveling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see...


Ah, yes. I quoted Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" because I am one of 5 people who really dig that song, well at least the first 3 minutes.

Anyways, I felt it was quite fitting, considering I am leaving my comfortable home in Westerville tomorrow, well, technically today. Hillary will be picking me up tomorrow afternoon and we'll be staying at her house in Oakwood tomorrow night. We fly out Dayton the next day (Tuesday) and will be on our way to London!

Since school got out a few weeks ago, I have to admit, I haven't done much of anything productive. I was sick after school, so I made sure to rest and get rid of that. I ended up getting a 4.0 this semester, which was really exiciting because I worked my butt off for that! It was my hardest semester, with 19 credit hours and I pulled it off! I guess I work well under pressure! Anyways, I've been shopping waay to much for this trip, but I figure it's all worth it! I've also been seeing as many movies as possible since it's my favorite passtime, and just hanging out with my friends and family. It's been a nice few weeks.

I'm getting really excited/overwhelmed for the trip. I just started settling into a nice, relaxing Westerville summer, full of boating on Hoover Dam, bonfires, bowling, going to the movies, and just spending a lot of quality time with family, friends, and my beloved pets, and now I'm going quite far away from all that for half of the summer, and I'm not sure I'm ready. Also, my grandpa, who is my last living grandparent, fell last weekend and broke his hip. He had emergency surgery to put a pin in his hip and he's now in the healing process. However, today they found a blood clot in his lung and have to peform another emergency surgery tomorrow, which is supposedly a life-threatening procedure for someone of his age. It really upsets me that this is all happening right before I hop on a plane across the ocean. Right now I just wish I could postpone the trip awhile and be with my family to find out what's going to happen. I'm glad I took the time to go to Toledo to visit with him this week. Please keep him in your prayers.

On a lighter note, I am getting more and more excited about going to a place where no one knows me (but the people I go with of course). I feel like I'll be able to really explore a new place, and myself, as cliche as that sounds. There's something about independence in a new place that is so exciting and terrifying. I feel like now is one of the best times (and last times) for me to take advantage of the opportunities I have as a student and exploring a new place and myself. There will be a lot of changes in everything I'm familiar with over the next year, and I feel like this is a way to jump start that and test my limits.

Anyways, I've got to get going and finish up some last minute packing and cleaning, and get to bed. I've got a long plane ride ahead of me!

I'll leave you with some London slang for you to work into your vocab and quotes!!

Peace, Love and Happiness to all!!!
I'll miss you!!


SLANG
Anork=nerd
Barney=an argument or fight
Bin=garbage receptacle (also, Rubbish Bin)
Bob's Your Uncle=that's it, that's all there is to it, "You turn the key, press the button, and Bob's Your Uncle!"
Bollocks=testicles, but more typically nonsense or screwed up "That's Bollocks!"
Bugger All=nothing: "That's worth bugger all." OR Fuck all/Sod all
Cack-handed=clumsy



"There is a numerous class of people in this great metropolis who seem not to possess a single friend, and whom nobody appears to care for."

~Charles Dickens, 1835

1 comment:

Hillary said...

time to go pick you up...so i can finish [start] packing. ohhh bollocks!